Designs and develops learning solutions using adult learning practices and methods for instructor led, web based, performance-support, distributed learning, or any blend of these delivery methods. Possesses high attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office and eLearning authoring software.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• B.A., B.S. in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Education, Distance Learning, English, or Human Performance Technology or significant commensurate years of relevant experience designing, developing, and implementing learning solutions.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in an educational, corporate training, or professional services environment, with experience developing and using e-learning and multimedia technologies.
• Experience in the design, development, and evaluation of course materials for classroom and e-Learning environments
• Experience in adult learning theory and student-centered pedagogy
• Ability to develop a basic subject-matter understanding through materials provided and ability to perform individual research/collaboration with course/content stakeholders.
• Demonstrated writing, editing, proofreading, and formatting of customer-ready materials.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Strong consulting and interpersonal skills; able to work in a team environment.
• Strong presentation skills and ability to work with senior leadership
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
• Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and implement instructional materials and solutions following defined processes to include structured courseware, job aids, and informal learning content.
• Demonstrated experience authoring and editing web and computer-based training materials using Articulate Storyline software.
• Experience and/or familiarity with e-Learning standards, to include SCORM and Section 508 requirements, web usability standards and practices, and evaluation models to include Kirkpatrick.
• Familiar with LMSs, specifically Blackboard
Desired Skills and Qualifications
• Ability to develop and maintain content to be hosted on learning management systems (Blackboard) or content management systems (SharePoint) as required.
• Familiarity and/or working knowledge of the Intelligence Community and NGA.
• Attained industry learning related certifications such as ATD CPLP, Kirkpatrick, Blackboard, and Articulate Storyline.
• Ability to effectively communicate processes and procedures to faculty as they begin to leverage instructional technologies within curriculum.
|Job Category||Instructional Designer|