• Conduct web design evaluations to enhance the user experience.
• Design and layout webpages with prototyping tools and interactive elements for optimal design.
• Complete analysis of business objectives, interview users to determine user needs and produce requirements documents.
• Defines the design rationale and explains visual choices to users; express concepts verbally and visually.
• Determine initial interaction plans, create low and high-fidelity prototypes and determine final interactive plan on the base of user testing.
• Apply results of web usability testing (e.g., usability studies, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, surveys, and cognitive walkthroughs) to the design of applications and web sites.
• Participate in design activities to identify new product ideas and optimize existing products.
• Share ideas with internal teams on best practices around information architecture, interaction, and visual designs, usability, and supporting technologies.
• Develop thoughtful recommendations on information architecture, user experience, accessibility compliance, and use of graphics and other web best practices.
• Ensure designs and development follows 508 compliance.
• Determine the interface style and layout and design key interfaces.
• Create visual concepts by using graphic design software such Adobe Creative Cloud Products, Visio, Microsoft Products and interaction design software.
• Create products and services that adhere to design and brand guidelines.
• Translate architecture and other technical solutions into design products.
• Thoughtful recommendations on use of graphics, mobile optimization, accessibility compliance, and other web best practices.
• Consult with client to define the strategy needed to expand and enhance the website in both scope of content and technical features.
Required Skills and Qualification
• Demonstrated experience implementing user experience design and front-end development.
• Demonstrated experience applying best practices for web accessibility, usability, technical implementation and color theory.
• Demonstrated experience designing graphic and branding elements with Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, etc.).
• Demonstrated ability to work within a large development team.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with team members, clients, and customers.
• Demonstrated the ability to break human behavior patterns into their most logical steps, well organized and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated solid understanding of user-centered design principles, section 508 compliance.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum 10 years’ experience implementing industry standards for user experience methodologies, design technical resources, and web best practices.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience with business workflow and appropriate capabilities/tools (e.g. JIRA, etc.).
• Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud graphics applications.
• Experience with APIs and responsive framework such as Bootstrap.
• Knowledge of SharePoint and PhP a plus.
Active TS/SCI required
|Job Category||Graphic Designer, Web Development|